Create a Life Worth Living
If you answer “Yes” to any of these questions, you may be a candidate for DBT:
- Do you often feel overwhelmed by intense emotions?
- Do you have trouble with anger? (e.g. explosive outbursts or unable to express anger at all)
- Do you find yourself engaging in impulsive behaviors when emotional? (e.g., sexual risk-taking, gambling, shopping sprees, reckless driving, binge eating, and substance abuse)
- Do you ever think of hurting yourself and/or have thoughts of suicide?
- Do you experience difficulty managing relationships?
- Do you fear abandonment and worry others will reject you?
- Do you struggle with feelings of emptiness?
- Do you ever zone out under intense stress?
- Have you tried other treatments and yet your mental condition continues to interfere with having the quality of life you want?
- Do the effects of trauma impact your life significantly?
At LI DBT, we work with individuals with a variety of mental disorders, including:
- Borderline personality disorder
- PTSD and complex trauma symptoms
- Anxiety disorders
- Bipolar disorder
- Substance abuse disorders
- Eating disorders
Please contact us for an assessment at (516) 627-6201 so that the team at LI DBT can create an individualized treatment plan to best suit your needs.